Wednesday, September 22, 2010

San Juan del Sur




Last weekend we headed to the beach! About 20 brothers and sisters serving in the country meet up in San Juan del Sur to hang out at the beach for the weekend. It was my first time on the Pacific coast in Nicaragua and it was well worth the trip....BEAUTIFUL!


When I was in 3rd grade I wrote a story about Tina the Sea Turtle from the Galapagos Islands and she would come ashore to lay her eggs in the sand. I have always wanted to see a sea turtle closeup so at night from 11:00 to around 1:00am we would go "turtle hunting" and it paid off!



 
These are the eggs - unfortunately since we were not in a protected area anyone could come and take the eggs.

The condos and pool at night
 

 playing games on the beach





The sunsets were amazing! I want to go back.....wanna come???



7 comments:

Jadian said...

looks like so much fun! I have 2 questions...was that actually "Tina" from your story or just a random turtle (I like to think it's Tina)? Secondly, was that woman in the picture stealing the unprotected eggs, what does one do with turtle eggs?

Lynette said...

Yes it was Tina....I think its so funny that I the turtle was named Tina....My mom's name is Tina...did i not know another name? haha

And the to the other question...I think the sell them for money. I don't think they eat them cause they are really small...not really sure what they do with them...

BrendaB said...

Awesome photography. Gracias por compartiendo.

Unknown said...

The pictures are GREAT. Miss Bri, do i see a tan?

Chels Bels said...

It looks so beautiful there! Sign me up... in February!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you today Lynette! And I thought...I wonder if Lynette is still keeping up with the blog...and you are! yay!

Looks like an AMAZING place!

Love you!! Sarah Jane

samstar said...

I can't wait!!! 260 more days! :)