Monday, June 22, 2009

A Corn Island Guest Blog By Emily

So I finally made it to Corn Island and I now know why those girls like it there so much! It was so amazing to meet everyone and to see the hard work they have been doing for the past ten months. Heres a little bit of my experience....here we go...


Notice the pigment diffence in Lynette and I. When i met people they would say "Que blanca, que blanca!" Si, yo se.


In my fist day in service we worked in a miskito village. They have recently recieved their "Would You Like to Know the Truth?" tracks.






Taking the bus to go in service on the North End. It's so pretty there!



These drinks had a cinnamon-milky taste....it was interesting.




Lynette and Danielito. His seriousness is so funny! Keysi and Zaid.The famous twins. Zaid and I were playing a clapping game and he was beating me so bad!~ The twins at lunch break while we were in service.




Bolis. Love them. They are like popsicles of love, only in a baggie. Amazing service pictures. They are working so hard there! Keep it up!




After all the hard work we needed a day at the day at the beach.





There is this really nice dock that the owners let them use whenever they want. The water was

so warm and blue!


Whenever somebody leaves the island they all meet at the beach and then go to Jeremy's for breakfast. Here I am eating a pancake in the form of an "E".mmmmmm...


And so we have reached the end of the guest blog. Thanks guys for such a great experience! See you soon. Chrissy, I am waiting for you in Maine :)

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Emily my dearest, what good times we had! Thanks for being such a trooper as we dragged you to study after study, and dealing with less then good smelling conditions :) Can't wait to see and Alison next month!! YEAH!
your big sis - Lynette

Anonymous said...

Emily- mi amor! En serio your the best! Thanks for watching Nacho libre with me! I cant wait until your back to make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

AHHH! I love you guys! Counting down the days to see you again..
Macy

Anonymous said...

wow lynette i never noticed how much you have gotten dark until i see your ever so lighter sister

Anonymous said...

All of you make us so proud!!! You are certainly a fine example of what serving Jehovah in your youth should be. Keep up the good work. And while we miss you all, we know that Jehovah will continue to shower you with blessings.